There is nothing worse than falling ill and having to wait for hours in discomfort at an emergency room. However, this is greatly improved by the appreciative efforts of the urgent care team that offers same-day sick visits for people of all ages.
San Antonio sick visits offer advanced diagnostic and treatment options and help identify the underlying cause of the symptoms while providing the most effective care for fast relief.
What Are Sick Visits?
Sick visits are visits to your doctor or physician scheduled to address new or worsening symptoms or health complications. It basically involves the evaluation of your symptoms, correlating them with your medical and family history, and diagnosing their cause through medical investigations (diagnostic tests) to execute an effective treatment plan.
When Are Sick Visits Recommended?
You or your family member would require a sick visit if you experience any of the following:
- Severe cold and cough
- Sore throat
- Persistent high grade fever
- Pink eye
- Allergic rhinitis
- Urinary tract infections
- Ear pain
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
- Diarrhea that lasts more than a day
- Skin rash and itching
- Heartburn and acid reflux
- Vomiting that lasts more than a day
- Chronic abdominal pain
- Issues with your vision or hearing
- Feeling hopeless and depressed
Currently, the urgent care medical team provides top-quality health care by offering same-day and walk-in appointments when you are sick.
What to Expect During Sick Visits?
When you go in for your sick visits, your urgent care team will guide you through the following:
Assessing symptoms through medical history
- Reviewing your medical history to check for any family history of a particular disease or medical condition
- Evaluating your symptoms to understand the pattern and frequency of occurrence
- Recording your vital signs that include BP, heart rate, pulse, oxygen level, blood sugar levels, and body temperature
- The team evaluates your eyes, ears, throat, breathing, heartbeat, abdomen, pelvic region, and reflexes
Investigation (diagnostic tests)
- The diagnostic tests required depend on the symptoms and associated risk factors. These include:
- Blood tests
- Urinalysis and culture
- Nasal and throat swabs
- Ultrasound scans
- Allergy tests
- Asthma testing
Once you undergo the tests, based on the findings, the urgent care team develops a customised treatment plan if needed.
You would be advised home management that would include- rest, consuming a healthy, well balanced diet, good hydration, prescription medicines, shots, or inhalers.
You would also be offered wound care, fracture management, and other sports medicine services accordingly.
With the emergence of family medicine and urgent care, you no longer have to struggle with symptoms that negatively impact your quality of life. Sick visits enable you and your family to get the best possible care, evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment for several common health ailments.